Hey, welcome you all. Every new year we all think to take some health and fitness-related resolution and most of us could not follow after a few days or weeks but not this time. Let me tell you some tricks and tips which I followed to start my fitness journey.
Hi, my name is Hemant, I am a normal person just like you who choose to be fit over fat in 6 months and this has become my lifestyle. Check out my natural transformation pictures below:
After
Before
![]() |
| Started Changes |
![]() |
| Latest Pic |
Choose your Fitness Goal
Believe me or not but most of the time we start something without even having a goal or if we have any, we target something really big and we want results so quickly. for example, losing 20kg weight in 1 month and if we are not able to do that, we get demotivated. So let's make a goal differently this year.
Think of very small goals. For example, start going to walk only 3000 steps each day for 1 week and gradually increased to 4k and so on. Later on, start running for a few thousand steps. I count by a Fitbit device.
The same approach I follow to do in any physical activity.
Why I said to make small goals is because it gives our minds a sense of achievement, no matter how big or small the goal is.
Start changing your diet/nutrition
Diet plays the number 1 role to achieve any fitness goal. Slowly, Yes you heard it right, Slowly start making changes in your diet. Don't rush for it. If you have a completely 180-degree change in your diet plan, I can tell most of the people will give up on it. It is very normal behavior.
That's why start with small changes such as, stop or reduce the quantity of taking white/processed sugar which comes in any form, stop eating after 8PM, stop, reduce the quantity of high carb food in the night(rice). Don't worry, I am going to write a separate detailed blog on the Diet plan. After a couple of days, your kitchen and fridge should be filled with all healthy and clean food.
Food replacement
Nowadays everyone has at least little knowledge about the food which is good for health and which is not but still, we ignore it and tries to fool our subconscious mind. Follow this list and I make sure I will keep adding other substitutes as well -
- Sugar Products ---> Zevic Stevia, Fruits(especially watermelon), Honey
- Cooking Oil ---> Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Coconut cooking oil
- White rice ---> Brown rice
- White bread ---> Brown Bread
- Normal Butter/Nutrilite ----> Peanut Butter
Stop drinking soft drink
Sugary drinks do not have any nutritional value in it and are one of the main reasons people get fat in their bodies. These drinks are going to give your multiple diseases(especially obesity and sugar) in just a couple of years. It's better to be aware before it gets too late.
Drink fruit juice(again without sugar), eat watermelon raw or drink its juice, its low in calorie and fulfill your sugar cravings.
Start some Physical Exercise
Start any physical exercise based on your time availability. No need to go gym always to get decent physic. Here is a list of exercises you can perform -
- Go for walk and count your steps and calories you burn
- Start yoga
- Install some home workout apps(Click this link)
- play some sport(badminton, football, Squash)
If you don't get time for any of the above exercise so try to walk in your office, school, don't use lifts instead use stairs. Try to find some alternatives to burn calories.
Drink enough water
Keep yourself hydrated is nothing new I am telling you. It's the basic thing we all should follow. Drink at least 3-4 liter of water in a whole day.
Always remember do not drink water right after lunch dinner. Drink after 30 minutes. This will improve the digestion as your stomach release enzyme to digest food.
If you are on a weight loss drink a glass of water before having a meal. This will suppress your hunger to save some calories.
Intermittent fasting
Intermittent fasting means we need to eat in between of some time interval. The most common method is 16:8 hour window. you can decide for 8 hours at which you need to eat and in 16 hours you cannot eat anything. you can only take black coffee or green tea in 16 hours.
This is the most effective method of triggering your stored fat to use as energy.
I usually eat between 12-8PM and from 8PM-12 Noon I follow intermittent fasting. you can plan it as per your timings.
Again you cannot eat junk in your eating 8 hours of the window.
Start doing this method of fasting once a week and slowly increase the days. if you cannot control huger for 16 hours so start
Keep your goal always in your mind
If your goal is to lose some weight, stick to it. Generally, people forget after some time and start chasing something else. I will give you my example, I lost some body fat and start lifting good weights in the gym, and suddenly I started comparing myself with other guys who have decent and better physic. And I completely distracted from goal, every day I compare I get demotivated. This is a very serious problem.
My goal was to lose weight and all of a sudden I cannot build my physic like others. I can but that takes time. In such a situation, I remember my small achievements such as I walk and run for 10k steps which I started from 3k steps, earlier my body weight was 80, now its 70kg.
When I think about my little achievements, I get motivated to set another goal and try to achieve it.
Learning
Don't depend on some personal trainer or dietitian always to help you to achieve your goal. In today's world, the internet is full of knowledge. You just need to search for the right thing. Google your problems and keep learning new things everything. This way slowly you will become so knowledgable that others will start learning from you.
Consistency
Last but not least in anything life we need to be consistent, so in health also. As I said at the starting of this post, only a few people can continue the resolution, so to be consistent keep creating new small challenges, targets/ goals and try to achieve it. Try to climb 1 step every day. Do not rush to achieve the goal in just a week or month. Give your 100% every day and then see the result after a few months.
A lot of important articles are going to come on my blog. So please provide your valuable comments, share and let me know if you need information on any particular topics.
Here are links of products which I used as my food replacement -
Sugar - Stevia(zero-calories)
Antioxidant Tea - Organic green tea
For cooking food - Low-Calorie Cooking oil
To count calories and step - Mi Band or install some mobile app
Thanks for reading.





Nice article and info
ReplyDeleteVery nice bhaiya
ReplyDelete